The other day I took the girls to the grocery store with me to pick up a few things. Normally I go at night after they are in bed, because, well, it's just easier that way. Anyway, I needed a few things for dinner so I braved taking them with me. It was cold, wet, and near dinnertime, plus I had bought a bag of ice melt so when they asked if I wanted help out, I said yes. (Here's a little side note. I think it's really nice to have someone help me out with my groceries when I have the girls if that someone is a young person. There are two other grocery stores in town who will take your stuff out for you, but seriously, it's a little awkward when a little old man (as in 70+ years) or a pregnant woman tries to help you out. Anyway, that's a whole other story for another time). So this guy who is probably in his early twenties helps us out to the car. On the way out, he was talking to Makayla a little bit-what grade was she in, did she like school, etc. When we were pulling out of the parking lot Makayla said "wow, mom, that boy is nice, I mean, really, really nice. Maybe I should marry him. He could be my husband." At first I was surprised that she would say something like that. She is just entering the 6 year old "boys have cooties" stage. There is a boy at church who has a crush on her and she thinks it is sooooo embarrassing. If someone says anything about her having a boyfriend, she very adamently denies it. Since I was so surprised she was saying this, I looked up at her in the mirror and she was totally blushing. Makayla does not embarrass easily. I started asking her questions--"Do you want to get married, are you hunting for a husband?" She looked at me like I shouldn't even have to ask, because it was obvious, and said "Well, yeah. Of course I want to get married now. Then I can hurry up and have kids and they can hurry and have kids and then I can finally be a gramma and I really, really want to be a gramma becausehey have so much fun and my Gramma is so nice and I love her so much and she always says she loves being my gramma and I want to be like her so I need to find a husband so I can be one soon!" I didn't want to burst her bubble, but I really hope it's an extra super long time until I'm a grandma, let alone her being one!
1st day of school
10 years ago
2 comments:
That is too funny!
Alexis already tells people she's gonna marry prince charming in the temple which is very cute to me. Justin however wants to lock her up forever.....
Post a Comment