Friday, June 26, 2009

Dumb tires

Last weekend the girls and I went to Elsinore for the Werry family reunion but Jacob had to work so he stayed home. When we came home, he told us we had chosen a bad time to be gone-he got 3 flat tires on the truck while we were gone! After the first flat he put the spare on. He didn't have time to get it fixed before he had to go up to girls camp to be the priesthood leader. On his way home, he got another flat tire. Luckily the husband of one of the young woman leaders had a truck similiar to ours with a spare tire exactly the same size as ours. As soon as Jacob got back he went to work and all the tire stores were closed when he got off so he couldn't get them fixed. Later that night he got yet another flat tire-at our house. On Saturday he had to ride his bike to work-luckily it's not too far. Did I mention how much it rained here on Saturday? Poor Jacob! If only we had been home we would have had another set of wheels for transportation. I told Jacob it was a good time for us to be gone so he could get all the flat tires out before he went to California in the car this week leaving me with the truck. First thing Monday morning we got new tires put on the truck, so luckily I haven't been stranded anywhere this week!

No comments: