Something happened this week that I've been dreading would happen for a long time. I knew it would happen, it was just a matter of when. Kelli's only excuse..."But Daddy does it..." The day was really busy and I was trying to get a million things done in a short amount of time (basically just a normal day lately). Yeah, she. cut. her. hair. We do lots of crafty things and the girls use scissors a lot. We do preschool activities and they cut things out almost every day. I've never had a problem with any of the girls trying to or even wanting to cut their hair. However, in the back of my mind, I knew that having a husband who cut hair for a living would one day create this situation. Sure enough. Kelli was cutting out some shapes and while I took the garbage out, she decided to snip a few locks. Luckily, it wasn't too short (just above her shoulders), but it was a big chunk in the front. Then she just went on doing her stuff without saying anything. I'm embarrassed to say, that it was HOURS later before I even realized it. I was so horrified, I didn't think to take a picture. The next morning Jacob trimmed it and I have to say, it's so cute on her! She ended up having about 3 inches cut off and now it goes just above her shoulders. It's a hard situation. Do I tell her how cute it looks so she is proud of the job she did and tries it again down the road? I've been trying to emphasize how ugly it looked after she cut it, but she was lucky her dad knew how to cut hair and fixed it for her. Both Makayla and Laney really like it and want theirs cut shorter too. In the meantime, all the scissors in our house are hidden...
No comments:
Post a Comment