Thursday, November 1, 2012

Working or Playing?

Jacob has been so lucky to always have work while we've been here in California.  It seems like just when work starts slowing down, new jobs come in.  Normally in the winter, Anderson Construction does a lot of snow plowing...or so I've been told.  I have yet to see that.  Last year it snowed only 2 or 3 times.  The whole year.  The year before we got several storms, but nothing major like everyone keeps telling me we get.  I'm still waiting for "the big one".  This is what Jacob usually does his share of the plowing in.

This suburban is a beast.  It can plow tons of snowing even going uphill.  Even though it's over 20 years old, it still moves.  You can't really see it, but the plow also has a pictire of a giant mouth painted on it.  Makayla says it's awesome.  The girls and I often go out at night with Jacob to plow.  There is a long private road in our town that we are paid to keep plowed so whenever it is snowing we go out several times.  We love watching the snow fly all over.  I definitely like it the most.  After awhile the girls get bored so they either start playing with their toys or they fall asleep.  Jacob enjoys having company.  Most of the time when they go out to plow it is early morning and since I'm not a morning person, I don't go with him then.  Luckily the best snowstorm we got last year just happened to be the same weekend that Rocky the Raccoon was staying with us.  He's the kindergarten class mascot/stuffed animal Kelli got to keep for a week.  Kelli says Rocky loves plowing snow. 
 
Whenever there is tractor work, Jacob is usually the one who does it.  Sometimes I think he enjoys it a little too much.  This is the text I received one day. 
 
 
He had just finished digging this big hole to put a septic tank in and while down there to put fittings in thought he might snap a picture of himself.  Nice.  

No comments: