Laney gave her oral presentation about Washington State in her class this week. She was a little bit nervous about it, but apparently she did awesome because she got 100%! Laney wanted to buy a new backpack this week. She saw one at the store that she really liked a lot. Since she has several that are still in almost new condition, we told her she had to buy it herself if she wanted it. Laney spent a few days working hard doing extra chores around the house and earned enough money to buy it! She loves it.
For Activity Days this week, Kelli and Laney went to the Beehive House. It's a care center in our stake boundaries and all the wards in our stake take turns providing some type of entertainment or spiritual message once a week for a month. The activity day girls sang lots of songs and all the old people sure adored them. I don't know how much Kelli and Laney enjoyed it, but they were good to go to it. Kelli got to have a surprise interview. The piano player was late because she went to the wrong place. While trying to kill time, the lady in charge tried to guess who was the oldest kid there. Of course they didn't guess Kelli because she is so small but the other kids finally pointed her out. She had to come to the microphone in front of everyone and answer a bunch of questions about turning 12, what she was looking forward to in Young Women's, what she would miss about primary, etc. I think she was a little embarrassed, but she answered questions like a pro.
This week also marked a milestone for Kelli and Laney. They have now officially had their braces on for a full year!!! In honor of that, Kelli got the same color of bands she had when she first had them put on. Laney was mildly (I mean wildly) excited to hear she is almost done wearing headgear at night. She gets to go without it for a month and if her teeth still look good, she won't have to wear them again. The girls still aren't even half way done with braces, but they will have nice pretty teeth when they are done!
Kelli got to go on another field trip this week. She went down to St. George to a place called "Sky High". It's a really cool trampoline place. Since she is part monkey and loves flipping and flying, it was the perfect day for her.
Makayla spent time this week planning a surprise birthday party for one of her friend's on the water polo team. They had a pancake dinner and watched "The Greatest Showman." She always has fun when she gets with her friends so they can talk and laugh together. For Young Women's this week, Makayla got to do a service project at the temple. Originally we were supposed to plant all the flowers for the year. However, the flowers arrived a week early so the kids that were scheduled to clean and get things ready planted most of the flowers. When it was our turn, we were still able to plant some flowers, but we also did some of the clean up around the temple grounds. It was freezing cold, and even snowed later that night. I hope our flowers survive!
Makayla and Jacob went to the theater to watch "Jumanji" together. They said it was good and they had a fun time together. Both of them like similar shows so they enjoy watching movies together.
Jacob has been really busy at the barbershop. He still continues with remodeling and changing things around. He has spent a lot of time working on Facebook and Instagram posts. Sometimes it seems like a lot of work for nothing. Not a lot of people "like" his page or comment, but tons of people come in and say it was because of his posts on there that they came in. Many previous clients who stopped coming months ago because of the old owner are now coming back. Jacob finally had to hire a 3rd barber this week so they hopefully won't have to turn people away because they are so busy.
Jacob and I were able to go to St. George and spend the day together on Saturday. It was fun going shopping and looking at travel trailers. We didn't have any luck with trailers, but we found several things for the barbershop and also just for us for fun. The best thing was just being able to take a break and enjoy each other's company.
I had to go to the dentist this week because I had a toothache. Not fun. I feel like I have a pretty high tolerance of pain when it comes to stomach aches, headaches, etc. Even if I have one, I can still go about life and my daily stuff. However, toothaches are different. I've always hated going to the dentist because I had some pretty rough experiences when I was younger and in my late teens. I had to try out a new dentist this time because my other one had moved away. I actually really liked this dentist. I found out that a filling I had gotten in college years ago had gone bad and caused a split on the outside of the tooth so I had to get a crown. I have a temporary one on and will go back in two weeks for the permanent one. Good thing I took the day off of school to get it done though. They numb your mouth and said it usually takes about 1-1 1/2 hours for it to wear off so you can talk normal again. 4 1/2. That's how long it took for mine to start wearing off. Guess I'm just special.



No comments:
Post a Comment