Friday, May 18, 2018

May 13, 2018

This week I spent a lot of time shoveling.  I've been trying to get the flowerbed in the backyard cleaned out of rocks so I can plant a garden back there.  You wouldn't think it would take so long, but I think the rocks multiplied every single day.  It is a huge project.  For Mother's Day I got tons of flowers.  I love seeing lots of color in my yard.  I also tried something new-I sprayed all the rocks at our house for weeds.  We have tons of rocks, so it took forever, but I got it done!

Makayla has been busy getting ready for State Water Polo.  They are doing a lot of conditioning at practice, which is extra hard on her back.  She is a champ though, and pushes through.  She is also working hard getting all her work caught up at school before the year ends.  Makayla also took Jacob to the movies to watch Black Panther.  They sure have fun watching movies together!

Kelli is finished with her spring soccer season.  However, with much convincing from her coach and her coach from the fall, I think we've just about got her convinced to try out for the club team in town.  I'm sure she would do great, but it's hard for Kelli to try new things sometimes.  I'm so proud of how well she played all season.  Kelli also had an interview with the Bishop this week.  She "passed" the test and he said she can move on to Young Women's after her birthday.  Actually, he said her answers were all so mature, she could probably just skip Young Women's and go right on to Relief Society.  Kelli doesn't want to do that!

Laney got to go on two fieldtrips.  Her first one was to St. George.  She got to go to Thunder Junction All Abilities Park (which is apparently the best park in the world) and then some kind of garden place she thought was really neat.  The next day she got to go to the aquatic center here in town.  Since they have finished all of their testing, the rest of the year (almost two weeks) will just be play time with a little bit of work mixed in.  Laney's friend, Ethan, also got to come over and hang out this week.

Jacob FINALLY had his two week follow up for his surgery.  We had been told that they would check his incisions and then he would probably get a new cast to wear for several weeks.  However, when the doctor saw Jacob's arm he said "Wow!  You are one fast healer!  I guess we will just skip the cast and go right to the brace so you can start PT now." Jacob was pretty excited about that.  His wrist hurts more with the brace on than off because of how it rubs, so he doesn't wear it too often now.  We got to see the post-op x-rays.  They put two plates in his wrist, one on each side.  Then they used a bunch of pins and screws to hold it in place.  So thankful for modern medicine! 


One of the first things Jacob did, was do a fade on his crazy hair line on his arm so it doesn't look so funny.

No comments: