Thursday, May 28, 2009

Around the house

The other morning I was in bed, enjoying the fact that I could sleep in, when Jacob opens our bedroom door in a panic and asks if Laney was in bed with me. I guess he had gone to get her up and he couldn't find her in her room. We always sleep with all our doors closed and she isn't tall enough to open them. Makayla and Kelli know they're not supposed to get her up without asking us first. Anyway, Jacob wakes me from a deep sleep with news that my baby is missing. As I'm jumping out of bed, he looks in her room again and that's when he hears a little giggle. The big stinker was just hiding under her bed. She totally knew what she was doing. She thought she was so clever. Now we know to check under her bed when she's missing. Lately Laney's favorite words have been "watch me" followed by anything from jumping on her bed, to falling off the couch to tipping her princess chair over backwards. She is a big ham like Kelli is, always trying to make people laugh. Jacob has been busy working and doing missionary stuff lately. Everyone always says when you're Elder's Quorum President you're always busy. In the 6 years he was President, he was never as busy as he is as Ward Mission Leader. It's been kind of hard because a lot of his job involves calling people on the phone, which he hates because he has a hard time hearing, but he is still so diligent in getting things done. He's pretty much finished with the r/c tracks at work and they sure look neat! I'm actually tempted to go try them out. He's doing more and more organizing at the Hobby Shop and it's really looking nice. This past week he did a painting job for someone and now they want him to do some more things for them.

A few weeks ago, my friend gave me a recipe for homemade bread. She told me it is cheaper and much better tasting than store bought bread. Since I'm not working right now, I thought I'd give a shot at being Suzy Homemaker. I'm pleased to say, I made my first, good tasting, pretty looking bread! I made two loaves, both of which were gone the next day. So I made another two loaves, also gone the next day. Today I made another two loaves. At this pace, I don't know about it being cheaper! Hopefully the girls will soon get over the newness of it and not want to eat so much! Either that or I'll have to start making more at a time so I don't have to make bread so often.

Our garden is growing! This year we decided to try planting a few more things and so far it's going ok. Well, after I replanted the peas in a better spot it's been ok! The girls love coming outside with me and trying to spot what's coming up where. Every day they ask if it's almost time to eat something out of the garden. So far we've just had green onions, which Makayla asks if we will "cook" (grill) for her at almost every meal.

Last night we went for a bike ride as a family. This was the first time Makayla rode her bike along. Usually she's in the bike trailer. She did a pretty good job keeping up, she just had to take breaks every once in a while so Jacob and I rode around while we waited for her. We wanted to keep going, but Makayla's tire was getting back so we had to go home, but we still had lots of fun.

No comments: