The girls have been asking me for a while to paint their nails. I really don't mind painting Makayla's nails because she's old enough to know she needs to sit still long enough for the paint to dry. Kelli, on the other hand, is a whole different story! She does pretty good while I'm painting her nails, but if you know much about Kelli, you know she is always on the move. It's hard to make her hold still long enough for them to dry. It wouldn't be so bad if the colors she chose were the quick drying kind, but she doesn't do that. Anyway, on Saturday I finally agreed to paint Kelli's nails along with Makayla's. She sat still for quite a while and then I finally got out the blow dryer to help speed up the process. Apparently all of this was just too much for her and she decided it just wasn't worth the effort. She had decided she had had enough and didn't like the feel of it on her fingers and toes so she started crying and kept staying "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!" I guess it felt really funny because she wouldn't put her hands close to herself and she couldn't walk on her feet normal, even after the paint had been dry for a while. I did manage to distract her long enough to take her nap and by the time she woke up she was proud of her fingers and had to show them to everyone-several times. Later that day I remembered the other reason I don't like painting her nails that much-after all that work, it usually starts coming off the same day! Oh well, at least it made her happy-well-after her nap anyway.

1st day of school
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment