Tomorrow we get to start potty training, again! Lucky us! We were going to wait until the summer to start Laney (you know, when we had more time and it was more convenient, ha ha), but she has developed such an interest in it we're afraid if we don't start now she won't want to for a while. I'm afraid she'll be hard to train, just because Makayla and Kelli were so easy. Laney has been really fun lately. She's really started to show more of her personality. She's such a little jokester, always trying to get us to laugh. Her favorite song at church is "Do as I'm Doing" so she always goes around saying "Do I Do." I used to say that Laney was the queen of dirty looks. Often when she's looking at someone she doesn't know well she just gets a look on her face like you better watch out. Lately though I've noticed that her face is just really animated and expressive. Whenever she's happy and smiles her whole face and even her eyes just light up. I think when she gives her "dirty looks", she's just thinking and shows it all on her face. I don't know exactly how to explain it.
Kelli is getting really good at riding her tricycle. We have some neighbors just up the road who also happen to have three girls, all about the same age as our daughters, and they've been riding bikes a lot with Makayla and Kelli. Kelli thinks she is so big being able to go over to a friends house or having friends over at our house. She's practically lived outside the past few weeks and would be out there all the time if I would let her.
Three more weeks and Makayla and I will be finished with school! Makayla thinks that means she will have nothing to stop her from playing with friends all day, every day. I hate to burst her bubble, but it's not quite going to be like that. Makayla is starting t-ball this month. She played last year and was pretty bored with it, but wants to try it again. I hope she has enjoys it and learns to eventually love softball like I do!
I ran my 10K 2 weeks ago and really haven't run since then. I've had so many other things I've wanted to get done I just haven't taken the time. I'm sure I'll have to start all over again. I've been doing a lot of yard work lately, spring cleaning/reorganizing my house, and started planting a garden. Since our Bishop has encouraged us to all plant gardens this year, we decided we will do a bigger garden this year than last. That means we've had to rearrange several things in the back yard, but we're getting there. So far I've planted peas, carrots, and onions, plus we have several flowers growing. I don't know much about gardening, so I just have to wait until the "experts" tell me to plant something and then I will. I know I need to plant several more things in the next week or two.
Jacob has been busy with work and church. At work he has been getting his race track set up. He's actually making two tracks, one for small cars and one for bigger ones (he could tell you the differences, but I couldn't). He almost has the smaller track done and has had several people come to race on it. He wants to finish the bigger track so he can have a big race there over Memorial day weekend. Jac's also been doing a lot of missionary stuff lately. As the ward mission leader he has gone to tons of discussions and had to arrange for people to go for many others. Last Sunday we got to have the missionaries over for dinner as well as some of the ward missionaries and their families. We've even had people over to our house for discussions with the missionaries. The girls love them and are always asking when they get to come over again. When Jac isn't busy with work and church stuff, he's busy with my neverending honey do list. Poor guy, I think I add things faster than he can cross them off. I do appreciate all he does though!
1st day of school
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment