The other day some of Jac's family spent the night at our house as they were passing through town. The girls decided they wanted to sleep downstairs in the playroom. After putting the girls to bed (several times, it was one of those nights) I went back upstairs and waited for everyone to get there. Before too long Kelli comes upstairs, crying her eyes out saying she was scared because their was a monster in the playroom. Several times I tried to explain to her that there was no such thing as monsters in the room but she kept insisting that there was. Finally she said "Come on mom, I'll show you." We went downstairs and when we looked behind the door in the playroom, I had to bite my cheek to keep from laughing. Sure enough, there was a monster in the playroom!

Several years ago Jac's mom made this monster bean bag toss. To me it's just cute, not scary. But I guess to a 3year old in a dark room she doesn't usually sleep in, a nearly 4 foot tall monster lurking behind the door can be pretty intimidating! So much for my credibility as a mom. Now she'll never believe me when I tell her there isn't a monster in her room at night!
No comments:
Post a Comment