Thursday, July 15, 2010

Catch up time!

I'm going to be better at this blogging thing. Life has just been crazy and this wasn't a priority. Now I have some spare time on my hands so I guess I can play catch up. Unfortunately, most of the pictures I took are on my computer in Utah, and I'm in California on Jac's laptop, so I'll just have to add pictures later.


Makayla finished school at the end of May. She won a big award for being one of the top three readers in first grade. She received a trophy and a really neat bag filled with tons of toys and prizes. Makayla is ready to start 2nd grade but really hopes she doesn't have homework every night like she has had in 1st grade. As soon as school was out, Makayla started playing softball. Instead of playing "that boring T-ball game," Makayla was able to play machine pitch. She thought it was so much more fun! Makayla was an awesome hitter. She hit the ball to get on base almost every time-she only struck out two times the whole season! The girls always played different positions but Makayla's favorite were left field and 2nd base.

Kelli is my little four year old. She is really looking forward to this fall when she is FINALLY going to be old enough to play soccer too. This summer she has spent as much time outside and in water as she can. She can never get enough of swimming pools, sprinklers, scooters, and popsicles. Kelli is also practicing to ride her "two wheeler" bike so she won't have to ride in the jogging stroller when we take our dog, Shadow, for a run.

Laney also loves being outside and playing in the sprinklers. Of course, her idea of playing in the sprinklers is mostly just running around in the backyard just on the outside of the sprinklers and barely getting a few stray drops on her. Sometimes she gets brave enough to go on the slip and slide, but either way, she loves doing it and it makes her happy. Don't waste your time telling Laney she isn't as big as the other girls because she won't believe you!

Jacob closed his hobby shop and is working for his Dad in California for the summer. He has really enjoyed hanging out with some of his other family in California and being closer to his mom and dad. He plans to open the hobby shop up again in Cedar at the end of summer.

This spring I spent lots of time doing yardwork and getting a garden planted again. The weather was really crazy and it seemed like whenever we had nice days for working I either had relief society meetings and activities or lessons to plan or I had to run the girls to a game or friends house. Either way, I finally got it done. The first of this summer was busy for me with Jacob gone and so much going on. It just makes things so much better now that we are all together again!

No comments: