Since we moved to California, Jacob and I decided we wanted to go to the beach as often as we could. Jacob has such good memories of going to the beach as a kid and wants the girls to have memories of it too. We ended up going to the beach almost once a week this summer-who would have thought I would enjoy going anywhere in a bathing suit, but I really did have a lot of fun! We tried a few different beaches, but out favorite beach was Huntington Beach or "honey beach" as the girls call it. It only takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there. The best part was it is one of very few beaches where they have fire pits so we could eat dinner in the sand and watch the sunset. When the tide was out, you could go about 1/3 of a mile out into the ocean and the water would only reach your knees. The girls loved walking along the edge of the water looking for seashells. Occasionally we were able to get other family/friends to go with us, but it was even fun when it was just us.
Here is what we did:
Jacob: bought a surfboard in the spring and was so excited to use it as he has never tried surfing before. Unfortunately, nobody who came with us had ever surfed before and couldn't give him lessons. He tried several times on his own but he also spent a lot of time boogie boarding and body surfing.
Jenny: I'm not a big ocean swimmer, as I prefer warmer water, but I spent a lot of time by the shore with the girls. I enjoyed boogie boarding with Makayla and walking along the shore with the girls. I also got buried in the sand by the girls...a lot.
The girls: Laney was a little nervous the first time we went to the beach. She quickly got over that, and every time we went to the beach after that she got even braver. I don't think the girls ever got bored. They spent their time jumping over waves, building sandcastles, burying people, collecting seashells, writing in the sand, and playing in the water. They always played so hard that by the time we got in the van to go home it only took a minute or two to fall asleep. At the beginning of summer they found matching swimsuits and loved wearing them to the beach so they could be triplets. We liked it because they were bright and easy to spot!
If you don't like pictures, stop reading this post. Don't worry, I didn't include any pictures of me in a bathing suit.









No comments:
Post a Comment