The other day I just took Kelli grocery shopping with me. While I was at Wal-mart, I decided to buy a new bra for myself. What an experience that was! First of all, Kelli really hasn't seen bras much and won't call them bras-despite my persistence in teaching her the correct terminology, she still calls them boobies. So here we are in Wal-mart, just getting to the bra section, and Kelli says (in her quiet voice, of course, ha ha) "Look mom, here's some boobies! These are pretty! I want some!" I hear the snickers of people all around me as I tried to explain to her that they are bras and go on boobies (don't know where she got that terminology, but whatever). So then she decides she's going to help me pick out the best ones. Too bad I wasn't shopping for nice lacy red and black ones to go under my white shirt! Finally, I chose a few to go try on. As we're standing in the dressing stall, Kelli continues to delight those standing close enough to hear her. "Mom, are you going to put that on your boobies? That's nice. Can I get one? Wait! Mom, do I have boobies?" At this point she almost falls off the bench as she's turning around and pulling her shirt up to try to look in the mirror. "Mom, look! I do have boobies but they're just little. But I still need a boobie cover to go on them. Can I put that one on?" I could not stop laughing at her. Finally I let her try one on so she would stop asking. You should have seen the huge smile on her face. I guess she thought she was a big kid then. The whole time we were in there she kept up her constant chatter and I could hear all the people outside the door snickering. Needless to say, I was a little embarrassed, but I couldn't complain too much as she had me laughing so hard. What a funny girl!
2 comments:
LOL!!! I almost fell off my chair reading this. What a corker Kelli is, she can come up with some doozies.
Love it! I know what I am getting her for Christmas! You say she prefers bright colors and shiny, lacy material, right?
Post a Comment