The girls loved building things with blocks, building forts, coloring, and putting puzzles together. Kelli even put together a 63 piece "Staw-berry Cort-Cake" one by herself! Way to go Kelli!I think the favorite part for most everyone was the sledding on Saturday morning. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! All of the girls really got into sledding and never wanted to stop. They were so thrilled they never even complained about being cold or having to make the trek back up to the top of the hill. Jacob and Scott decided they had to have a contest to see who could go the farthest. They tried many different things-everything from taking a running start to pushing each other. Makayla was the one who ended up winning though. I think she went down the hill 2-3 times as much as the rest of us. She was so excited she would just run right back up the hill and go again. 

It was fun to get away and relax and enjoy time with our friends. Kelli enjoyed it so much, I didn't even have to hear her say "I wish we could go on a boat trip" the whole time we were there (she's been saying that at least once, if not 50 times a day since fall). Of course, now I think I will hear "I wish we could go sledding at the cabin" all the time. That's ok, I just want our girls to enjoy life and have lots of fun memories like this when they are older.
No comments:
Post a Comment