Friday, June 26, 2009

Werry Family Reunion

Last weekend the girls and I went to Elsinore for the Werry Reunion. We had lots of fun, even though it was short and we missed Jacob. We went on Thursday night so we were the first ones there. On Friday morning we went over to Rick's house for a few hours and we went for a walk with Rick around the block. It was so amazing to see how much strenghth he has now. He transferred to his wheelchair by himself and pushed himself quite a bit. For a while he was even racing Makayla and I was surpised how fast he was going. Keep up the good work Rick! I'm also happy to report that my girls were not terrified of their dog, Tuff, this time. They had fun playing with him and I'm just so glad Tuff has patience when my girls are smothering him. Becky and her kids arrived on Friday afternoon and of course the kids had to go milking. They always have soooooo much fun at the barn. Later that night Matt, Mindy, and Peyton came. We stayed up late talking and reminiscing but I sure enjoyed it. On Saturday morning we went to the Heritage Days parade in Elsinore. It was very small and there really weren't any floats (just 4 wheelers, tractors, cars, etc) but the kids really didn't care because they still got tons of candy. Later in the day we went to a pet show (the girls have been wanting to go to one ever since they got interested in Littlest Pet Shop toys several years ago). After that the kids played at the park and would have stayed all day if we had let them. After milking and eating that night we got ready to go watch fireworks at the park. We decided to walk since it wasn't that far. The walk over was great but on the way home we had to go kind of fast because it was sprinkling and we were afraid we would get rained on a bunch. On Sunday morning we had a father's day brunch and then got ready for some pictures then went to church. The girls and I left shortly after that so we could get home and see Jacob before he left for California. It was a fun weekend but entirely too short! Especially in the past few years I have really come to enjoying being around my family and I can never get enough of just hanging out with them. I wish we could all get together more often, but I'm just thankful that we are able to see each other when we do!

No comments: