Thursday, April 19, 2018

Laney

At the beginning of the school year, Laney decided she wanted to earn the Patriot's Award in her school.  When she showed us everything she had to do to earn it, I wasn't sure if she could do it.  I don't think I could even do it.  Laney had to learn all of the following:
     * Pledge of Allegiance                           
    *  Star Spangled Banner
     *  The Constitution
     *  The names, pictures, and order of all the Presidents of the United States
     *  Three Branches of Government, who they are made of, what they do, etc.
     *  The Continents and their locations on a map
     *  All 50 states, their capitals, and location on a map
     *  The Gettysburg Address (the whole thing)
     *  The Declaration of Independence (a section of it)
     *  Symbols of the United States
     *  Symbols of Old Glory
     *  Symbols of Utah
That's all.  Guess who managed to do it!   LANEY!!!  Congratulations on working so hard and achieving what you wanted to.  What an awesome patriot!

No comments: